Saturday, March 10, 2007

Taco Party

On Saturday I had a few people over for dinner. Here I am hard at work cooking. Please take a mental note of the picture above because it is very rare to actually see me in the kitchen and in addition, actually cooking something. You might want to mark your calendars for this special occasion. I invited some new friends from work and a English teacher (10 points if you can guess which one he is) who where looking for good tacos (the ones you can get here are very expensive and the taste is questionable) last week so I volunteered to make some.
Everything turned out fine and they actually liked my cooking. It's a miracle call the Vatican to investigate!!!! I cooked 5.5 pounds of beef and we eat around 34 tacos along with some spanish rice!!!!

In the end we ended up talking about an array of interesting subjects (note" alcohol is always good for that). We discussed everything all the way from why Hello Kitty has no mouth (the artist did this on purpose in order for the person to reflect his/her feeling on the doll) to infidelity in society (I proclaimed my extreme feminists views on how this is extremely wrong, off course). I also taught them some must English works like: Hot (as in "that dude is hot"), player (as in a guy/girl having many girlfriends/boyfriends), gay (no explanation necessary) and too much information (as in too much detail). In general I think every one had a good time and I am happy to have succeed in my first Japanese friends party.

2 comments:

Martin and Therese said...

I'm very proud of you! 34 tacos too!

Guillermo said...

How much did 5 punds of beef cost?
Like $150US? Hahahahaha!