Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Apartment Stuff

We got our apartment furniture today and I am the happiest person in the world. All this time we have been living with some ugly borrowed furniture. I would have taken a picture of all the stuff but I'm trying to forget that it ever existed. The worst thing was a white plether (fake leather) couch that would separate every time you sat on it. I realized today, when they took an hour to get my couch up to the 8th floor, that it had so many pieces in order for it to fit in the elevator. This is a good a idea but it does not take from the fact that sitting on the grass was more comfortable than that couch.
The only thing that I was sad to see go was my one and only frying pan. Since we did not get a microwave I had to defrost everything the old fashion way (waiting) and reheat everything in that pan. I have never appreciated the quick heat and defrost function on a microwave more than these past 2 months. Please take care of your microwaves, in the words of Janet Jackson: "you don't know what you had til it's gone". The good news is that I did receive a new microwave along with some kitchen appliances (see picture to the right). The bad news is that it's all in Japanese....great. I had already figured out all the borrowed appliances and now I have to start from scratch. I can only hope that these have less or at least different beeps than the last ones.


We got some other cool things.
Here is our new bed with a nice comfortable (Yes!!) chair to watch TV. My favorite part of the furniture is the dining room table. Now I need some friends
to fill up all those
chairs, so let me
know who is first.







Orlando's favorite part is (of course) the big TV and sound system. He is in Michigan for business this week, so if your reading this you are actually seeing it first.

I actually had to step really back to take this picture. A few of you might be wondering what is that in the TV, it's like dominos Japanese style. I have not been able to figure it out yet but it does have about 3 times the amount of dominos than the ones we are used to. Maybe knowing what they are saying would help but ohh well, it keeps my imagination sharp.

2 comments:

Martin and Therese said...

I'll happily fill a chair at the dining table too, especially if there's corn bread!

Fam. Gonzalez-Rodriguez said...

Valerie ya quiere guayarte la mesa con un juguetito, ja ja...