Friday, January 19, 2007

London, England


Our last stop was London, England. We decided to walk around even though it was raining and freezing. We took out our secret weapon, a super yellow post it note our friend Therese (who works in London) gave us with detailed instructions of where to go. The first thing that caught our attention was the old phone booths all over the city. Here I am on the right trying to call home (it did not work) on the picture on the left. Then we saw Big Ben right in front us. I'm trying to give it a hug on the picture on the right. I'm sure he appreciated it.




Here is Orlando in the middle of the city:




Oh look my friend Big Ben again.

We walked to Buckingham Palace to visit the Queen but her guards would not let me in.

I actually felt bad for the guards because it was raining and they where in these little dog house looking rain shelters. I know they are not supposed to have any expressions but I know in the inside he was wondering "Why did I choose this job?". In general I thought the palace would be bigger, but as my friend Martin said "The real estate in London is so expensive that not even the Queen of England can afford a huge home".
Visiting London was bittersweet because we knew that our European adventure was coming to an end. We did not have much time to complain because soon we where on a plane going back to Japan. Goodbye big food portions, normal clothes sizes, English language and funny looking money!!! Adios Europa!!!! Some day we will see each other again :-) !!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Iddya: Te la comistes con los comentarios! Siento que estoy en un virtual tour de London! Okay, voy a continuar leyendo. TQM Beba