Saturday, August 26, 2006

Takehara

On Saturday we went to Takehara city about 1 hour away by car from Hiroshima with our Irish friends Therese and Martin ( check out their blog at http://martinandtherese.blogspot.com/). The city had a very well preserved historical area where all the houses where built in the Edo period from 1603 to 1867. Here is Orlando posing in front of the historical houses.



The whole time I was there I felt like I was in an old Japanese movie and there where going to be samurai warrior jumping from the roof tops or ambushing us out of a street corner. I kept waiting for arrows to start flying everywhere.

We walked around and found a cool little noodle shop where there where ate the biggest bunch of noodles in the world. To the right you will see Orlando ready to dig into this noodle mountain, don't worry I ate half of it. When I first saw I thought "What did I get myself into...Again" but after I actually tested it they where really good!!!! Looks are definitely deceiving. Another interesting aspect of our noodle adventure was that they where on top of this hot tile that looked like they had taken it straight from someone's roof, as you can see in the picture below.

1 comment:

Martin and Therese said...

You're quick off the mark, I was just about to send you our link! Glad to see that you haven't posted any unflattering pictures of me. Thanks for adding to our miniscule readership!