Sunday, January 27, 2008

Happy New Year - 2008


Happy 2008 Everybody!!!!

I apologize for not writing much in a while but I have not spend enough time in one place during the month of January to actually sit down and write. Now that I have settled back into our Hiroshima routine I can finally sit back and tell you about our recent adventures.
We went to our small corner of the world (after a 2 day journey from Japan-> Detroit 1 night -> PR) , Puerto Rico (http://www.gotopuertorico.com/), for the holidays this year and in hindsight it was the best decision we made the whole year!!! This year we got the opportunity to reconnect with lots of our old friends in our 10 year High school reunion. It was really nice seeing everybody again and conforting knowing that you did not have to explain to them your life story because they where actually there with you half the time, while it was happening. Most of the people in my class don't live in Mayaguez (my home town of about 100, 000 people) anymore but we still have good memories of our town which for the most part, include each other. I realized how well my old friends knew me when one of them asked me if I was starving in Japan because of my extreme pickyness with food. A person would know that after having countless meals with me and watching me pick out the food I did not like!!! I was very pleased to tell her that now I basically eat anything, but I only changed my ways when I moved to Japan a little over a year ago. Maybe that is why I used to be soooo skinny?!?!? See for yourself in our prom picture from 1997:

And now in 2007:
I realized that It's really good to remember the people and placed that in some shape or form influenzed the way you are, no matter where you are in the world.

No comments: